CONTENT CREATION: Creating an Export Market For Arabic Content
- What stories can travel?
- Which genres are best positioned for sales outside the region (film? drama? comedy? animation? non-scripted? Short-form?)
- How does writing need to change (episode structure, character development, duration)?
- Which production aspects need to be developed (lighting, stunts, set design, locations, art direction etc.)?
- Who and where are the likely clients (international OTT, regional OTT, Facebook, YouTube, broadcasters, film distributors, regions, etc.)?
- Social engagement and influencers – are they relevant to the success of programming?
- What lessons can we learn from the growth of LatAm, Turkish and Korean drama?
Moderator: Lina Matta, Channel Director, MBC 2, MBC 4, Max & MBC+ Variety, MBC Group
- Fadi Ismail, Group Director, MBC
- Sadek Sabbah, Chairman, Cedars Art Production
- Khulud Abu Homos, CEO, Arab Format Lab
- Mai Khalifa, Senior Commissioning Editor, Content Dubai TV and Dubai One – DMI